The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Monday, June 09, 2008

Day 1

Uh, yeah. So I was supposed to write something today, right? I forgot. I got a call for an inteview for a new extra job, and I found out that the one I was vaugely set up for has gotten down to specs so I know I have three weeks of full-time. I might actually be able to pay my tuition. So yeah, I got distracted, and I have to get up at 5 AM tomorrow. That new extra job? Yeah. Tomorrow. 5 AM sharp.

So I decided, I have a cup of tea. And I have to finish it. So I will write until I'm out of tea. God save the queen old chapes, let's be chipper now aye? Uh. Yeah.

***

Sam had hated the library when she saw it. She hated it when she wrestled the door open and hated it even more when it fell down with a crash after Keir attempted to close it behind them. She ignored his tentative "Oops" and guardedly examined the room. Old decaying shelves lay on the floor or leaned precariously against each other. Absolutely anything could be hiding in there. At best, they would find an unhappy wildcat. At worst, one of the Fair Ones might be found strolling through, perusing the goods, guarding the treasure. Nothing moved beyond the dust in the sunlight. The only sound was their breathing. Hers almost silent, his quivering with restrained excitement.

She looked back and nodded and they slowly moved forward. She didn't like to be here, but if it was anyone's domain, it was hers. Whatever Godforsaken force had compelled Keir to drag them there she would find the source and be rid of it. She dryly made a private note to herself that it had better be a force beyond his damned curiosity.

***

And that's it ladies and gentlemen. An impressive start. If anyone from the forums are reading this, it's a continuation from the story I posted here. Now, I ought to try and sleep I believe. More to come tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home