The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Monday, April 21, 2008

Letters to my Fathers - Pretext

People will claim that I have a penchant for the dramatic, but the fathers in my life have a highly disconcerting habit of dying. Usually long before either of us have a chance to be of consequence in each others lives. Sometimes it's merely unfortunate, Sometimes it's a concious choice. Either way, it's never been up to me to decide on the matter. Being the way I always am, I find this upsetting and unfair and I won't stand for it.

You may be dead. You may be dead because you were an idiot in life and as such, reaped the consequences. You may be dead because you were old. You may be dead for no discernible reason whatsoever. It doesn't matter, You can't talk to me now, but I have a right. I have a right to my questions and I have a right to the answers, even if you no longer can provide them. I will still ask.

This is my inquiry. This is a Letter to my Fathers.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark N said...

My sympathies, though my one is still going strong. Going along.

But: Plural?

25 April 2008 at 01:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home