The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Thursday, October 19, 2006

On being a productive member of society

Otherwise known as having a job. Which I have, as of last tuesday. Nearly two weeks. I'm quite excited. After an initial four-day trial-period I was officially hired as a Face2Face Recruiter for Greenpeace.

I have been told that in England, they refer to my breed as "clippies" but in all honesty, I'm having a bitchin' time with this job. It absolutely kicks ass.

For those of you not in the know, I stand around different parts of the city, talking to people and trying to convince them to donate to Greenpeace. Essentially, I am being paid to argue for something I believe in. I retitirate: Totally fucking bitchin'

It certainly beats trying to sell useless junk to people on the phone. I also get to meet a lot of interesting people this way, I've talked to so many fascinating and just plain nice individuals these past days. I'd write more, but this is not much more than a news update really, I'm sure I will return to the subject later on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

God, I hate people like you. Admittedly I fell for the ruse and was a stable donor for some time, though I've fallen out with Greenpeace over some ideological differences more recently.

But if it's something you believe in than it sounds like the best thing in the world. So few people actually get to do work that they enjoy and are committed to. Good job. (hah, a pun!)

23 October 2006 at 07:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home