The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Day 15

It's not much, but I got something written. I'm kind of floundering right now on where to go next. I really want to get on with the editing, but I'm reluctant because I want to get as much writing done as possible for the 30 days. On the other hand I'm not sure I can move on properly without some feedback on all the stuff I've written. We'll see what I do I suppose.

***


There was a heavy groan of frustration. "Is it midnight?"
"Close enough."
"Fine" Sam emerged with all the usual elegance of the grumpy and sleep-deprived. "I'll take it from here."
"Sam," Keir begun, concerned, "there was just one."
Sam frowned at him. "How'd it look?"
"Just like a human with a funny suit."
"You must have missed the others. Troopers don't travel alone."
"Maybe," Keir shrugged uncomfortably, he didn't care much for the Good People, not that anyone did, but when they didn't behave as they ought to behave, that was worrisome. "It made sure I saw it, and that I knew it saw me too."
Sam crossed her arms and looked to be thinking. "It didn't try to force through, and yet it behaved exceedingly bold."
"So what does that mean?"
"It means they are right pissed we swiped that book and expecting us to leave it behind in the morning if we want to live, I assume." Sam shrugged, "Or something to that effect."
Keir looked at her doubtfully, it was difficult to tell what she was thinking when he couldn't see her face properly. "You're not suggesting we do that, I hope, it could fetch a pretty price."
Sam bent down and fished her gun belt out of the tent opening. "I would if I thought that would be the end of it. However, the Old Ones were never big on fair play, and famously tetchy about their secret stuff. I'll wake you in the morning."

***

I'm also beginning to suffer from some mild paranoia that this all actually sucks really, really bad. Some decent critique would let me know how it is if nothing else.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger meristele said...

It reads well to me. I usually enjoy your characterization, and the flow feels good. Are there things that need editing? Of course. But consider this; it is impossible to write and edit at the same time and do both of them well.

Write now for writing. Acknowledge that some of it will suck. Write some more. Then when you switch over to editing, you can be as vicious as your heart desires. There is no point in polishing the perfect first chapter if you don't finish the book.

I like what you write. Please don't insult me by telling my my judgment sucks. ;>

12 July 2008 at 01:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home