The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Day 8

And today I ran smack-dab headfirst into writer's block again. It's the last part I need to write in order for it all to be tied together properly. The first chapter completed. Naturally it isn't working. I have no idea how what I want to happen, will happen, without being dumb. I know I should work on eradicating the dumb when I go back to edit, but I want some semblance of intelligence in there at least.

This is where having no idea where the story is going is coming to bite me on the nose. I know they're going to find a book in that library that will be important in some ways (I don't want the plot to be artefact-driven though, it's just one of many components) but I don't quite know how, so I don't know how to write them finding it. How significant is it? How zomg!destiny is it? How random? I know it's going to trigger an "alarm" for a lack of better words, so it's probably hidden and put away in some manner but, guh. I don't think it's coming tonight either way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home