The Lair of the Grammar Fairy

She may be teeny-tiny
She really is petit
But that will never stop her
From being psychopathique

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Day 11

I missed posting yesterday, but I wrote this:

My time stuck in my first watch
My spring stuck in my first pair of shoes
My words dry in my first pen
My first pen - I won't find it again

My first kiss lost to your lips
I lost my head, but if you drowned in me
It must mean you're dead.
You're dead, I'm alive.

***

I was never a poetry kind of person. I don't think that means much more than that I never spent much effort on it once I got past my emo poetry-writing years, I often wish I was better at it. Hopefully I'll find the incentive to work more on it. As for this, it sounds emo as hell to me, it probably is. It's mostly a brain fart and bear no relation to anything actually going on in my life, I'm just trying to play around with words and see if I can do what all good poets do: Express old thoughts with new words. Old truths with new angles.

Today's (Day 12) actual entry should hopefully appear later in the day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home